Saturday, 29 October 2016

Water hazard - FNQ style


Yesterday I returned to my old stomping grounds at Half Moon Bay Golf Club, Yorkeys Knob. The highlight of the day wasn't any shot I hit but instead a wildlife sighting I had on the 13th hole. When I was a member a few years back I heard stories of crocs in the ponds on the course, but had never seen one. Yesterday this croc, I think around 1 to 1,2 metres in length, was sunning itself on a branch just off the 13th fairway. I only managed to take two photos before it headed off into the pond , spooked as I tried to get a better angle and a little closer.

I duffed my tee shot on the 14th and it rolled into the same hazard. While knowing it unlikely that such a small croc would try to bite me, I was a little cautious as I unsuccessfully searched for my ball.

No comments :

Post a Comment