Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Hatikva 6 - Od Pa'am Pa'am (One more time)


I don't speak Hebrew, so the above music video may be far right Zionist propaganda. It is, however, such a gloriously cheerful and exuberantly joyous tune and video that I refuse to believe that.

One of my recent car rentals had a CDR full of MP3s, with a label suggesting Israeli origin, left behind by an earlier renter. I put it aside and listened to a CD that had just arrived in my PO box a couple of times, but eventually curiosity got the better of me and I slipped the Israeli disc in. Most of the tracks failed to appeal to me but there were a few that I loved, including the above.

On getting home and doing some research I discovered this and a couple of the other highlights were by one band, an Israeli reggae band called Hatikva 6. Hooked, I've since bought a couple of their albums through iTunes, and will surely get more.

For a more traditional reggae oriented sample, here's Simi Li Od Rhum:


No comments :

Post a Comment