Sunday, 27 March 2016

Odontodactylus scyllarus


Unfortunately Reef HQ is undergoing a bit of a refurbishment at the moment, so a large area was closed off while a new exhibit is installed when I dropped in for my first visit in a few years. As with previous occasions, it was the smaller tanks that held the most interest for me. The pick this time was a peacock mantis shrimp that had been set up in a very nice little tank, ideal for photo opportunities.

I've had a small mantis shrimp hitchhike into my tank in live rock before, and found it a rather fascinating creature - apparently curious about the world around it and perhaps even intelligent. I'm tempted to set up a tank specifically for one, and would likely fork out the $80 or so I have been quoted for this species.


No comments :

Post a Comment