Monday, 4 May 2015

Cairns Golf Centre


On the weekend I slipped down to the Cairns Golf Centre, the driving range on the highway just south of Yorkeys Knob. Remembering my camera was in my bag, I thought I would snap a shot.

The $6 a round 6-hole Par 3 course is somewhere between a pitch and putt and a proper Par 3 course. With holes out to around 120 metres, they're about the right length for practicing your short irons with little feeling of a real target, but not real Par 3 length. The greens could use some work to get up to a good standard for putting or chipping. Unfortunately this also goes for the chipping and putting green on the far side of the driving bays.

The driving range is nicely functional if in need of a bit of a touch up. The two level bay structure provides shelter from sun or rain. At $12 for a bucket of around a hundred balls, it's pretty good value. Not having played a lot recently, I found I was quite knackered before I got to the bottom of the bucket.

No comments :

Post a Comment