Monday, 7 October 2013

Tony Abbott runs again



In Bali for the APEC summit, Prime Minister Tony Abbott faced a couple of questions about his own rorting of travel claims. After trying to weasel out of things by saying he had repaid the amount, a reporter asked him why he claimed travel allowance for going to a wedding in the first place. His answer:
I was the Leader of the House of Representatives and the Leader of the House of Representatives has certain representational roles and I believed it was within entitlements. After the Michael Smith matter, I decided that I should check. I was advised that the matter was unclear, and in order to put the thing beyond doubt the money was repaid.
And with that our Prime Minister ran away from further questions. One would hope that the next question would be "What is the representational role of the Leader of the House of Representatives at weddings?'

No comments :

Post a Comment