- "If you are playing Russian Roulette with a gun loaded completely with blanks, how is that a crisis?" - Brad Delong fisks Niall Ferguson (warning: wonky economics stuff but a good read)
- "the first legally recognized status as an undead Zombie life form."
- Researchers have found some success in controlling the spread of lionfish in the Caribbean.
- Richard Carrier discusses some of the many problems with Joseph Atwill's ideas about Jesus being a myth deliberate invention by the Romans.
- Ezra Klein explains why the Republicans in the US Congress are starting to back-pedal on the debt ceiling and the shutdown.
- Russia's parliament is going to debate a law that will see gay parents having their children taken from them.
Friday, 11 October 2013
Some stuff that caught my attention: