Thursday, 16 May 2013

In case I missed it...

One of the many reasons I stopped buying the Cairns Post was its decision to include Andrew Bolt's columns. Since then the Cairns Post is something I briefly peruse in cafes or in the lunch room at work.

Apparently Andrew Bolt has been given a some extra space in some newspapers to continue his quest to misinform the public about climate change. It's pretty much just a compressed version of his many past lies. Bolt's continued use of Rose's "warming stopped 16 years ago" meme is one reason why I think Bolt is dishonest rather than deluded, and he trots it again in his latest screed.

I haven't seen the Cairns Post republish Bolt's piece, though it's possible I missed it. It is, of course, possible that the Cairns Post's editor has done the right thing and passed it over.

If you want information on Bolt's claims, Climate Wars has a brief rebuttal and Watching the Deniers is wading through the disinformation in a series of posts (1, 2, 3, and more to come).

No comments :

Post a Comment