Thursday, 24 January 2013

They agree!

I sat eating a very nice breakfast of scrambled eggs and mushrooms at Mr Wolf this morning, and noted a group of four police officers approaching a group of Aboriginals at the City Place "mushroom" stage this morning. I thought it was a bit of overkill, but thought little more of it and went back to reading some blogs. The police eventually wandered off and left the Aboriginals, who hadn't been disruptive at all, to relax.

A few minutes later a police wagon drove into City Place, and I heard a voice from behind me say "It's becoming a police state. You see them everywhere" or words close to that. I looked over my shoulder to see who had voiced this opinion. Surprisingly, it was one of the four officers as the group walked back to City Place having wandered down Lake Street a bit. The one who said it obviously realised I had overheard him, and seemed a little embarrassed.

I went back to my reading.

No comments :

Post a Comment