Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Venus?

Well I tried being geeky and slipped out to the yard with a mirror, some aluminium foil to try to see Venus in its transit. It was a bit of a struggle, but I ended up getting one consistent spot which I am pretty sure was Venus. For some reason reflecting the view about 90 degrees seemed more effective rather than 180. It was a bit of a disappointment not to get a better image, and while I'm glad I gave it a try I don't think I would do it again if there was another chance (there won't be unless I manage to live to 150). Perhaps something better than a $2 mirror from Sam's Warehouse would have been a good idea.


I think that for the solar eclipse in November I'll make things easier and get some solar viewing glasses and the necessary equipment for my camera.

I also watched the live feeds online, which gave a much sharper view:

Screen capture of Broome feed off http://events.slooh.com/

No comments :

Post a Comment